Be A Volunteer
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities for individuals ranging from collaboration to organizing community event. Volunteers make the day-to-day operations of Sema Foundation possible. The volunteers’ hard work and dedication is invaluable to our ability to serve our community.
High School Volunteer Hours
In light of all that is happening right now with COVID-19 there have been some difficult decisions to make regarding regularly scheduled programs, but you are more than welcome to submit applications for future programs.
With busy lives, it can be hard to find time to volunteer. However, the benefits of volunteering are enormous to you, your family, and your community. The right match can
- Help you find friends,
- Reach out to the community,
- Learn new skills,
- Advance your career
- Protect your mental and physical health.
Volunteering connects you to others
- Make new friends and contacts
- Increases your social and relationship skills.
Volunteering is good for your mind and body
- Increases self-confidence
- Combats depression
- Stay physically healthy
Volunteering can advance your career
- Try out career experience
- Learn valuable job skills
Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life
- Improve your language skills
- Better family life
- Be A Role model for the community
- Engage with social life
Expectations from SEMA Volunteers
- Meet all the benefits of volunteering by the end of first term
- Learn about the organization and its volunteer policies
- Ask for and have regular reviews or evaluations of your performance;
- Get guidance and support in your volunteer role;
- Be punctual for your volunteer duty or shift;
- Be reliable and responsible;
- Communicate any issues or concerns which are likely to affect your volunteer duties;
- Do your duties as assigned and directed;
- Accept guidance from the Volunteer Coordinator or supervisor;
- Be willing to learn and participate in orientation, training programs, and meetings;
- Keep sensitive organizational information confidential;
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the organization.